As part of our mission, CWEN/RFE organizes paper presentation sessions and luncheon at the annual CEA meetings.
Every two years, alternating, we either conduct a survey and compile a report on the gender composition of faculty and students in academic economics departments in the Canad or award the Young Researcher Award, which is given to a young woman economist in recognition for research excellence. Follow the links on the left for more information.
- maintain a web page for publication of news of Network activities, opportunities (including job opportunities) and resources of interest to women economists.
- maintain an electronic mail network to provide easy and low-cost communication among subscribers interested in issues concerning Canadian women economists.
- advise and offer recommendations to the CEA on matters relating to the status of women in economics in Canada.
- continuously consider and explore new ways to facilitate and promote the goal of gender equity in the Canadian economics profession.
- pursue and maintain active connections to sister organizations within Canada and internationally.